UCSD Students: Please note, you may not access U-Pass on a Youth card. Please do not request to convert to a Youth card. Instead, use the U-Pass program for your fare.
Note: This form is only to convert an existing PRONTO card or app account from Adult to a Free or Reduced Fare category (Youth, Senior, Disabled, Medicare). You may not request a new PRONTO card through this form. To keep your Youth or SDM status, you will need to provide proof that you qualify at the Transit Store before July 31, 2023. If you do not take an action to extend your Youth or SDM eligibility before July 31, 2023, your card will revert to an adult fare.
As a reminder, you qualify for free fares with the Youth Opportunity Pass pilot program if you:
- Are ages 6 through 18; children 5 & under ride free at all times and do not need a PRONTO account
You qualify for a Senior, Disabled, Medicare reduced fare if you:
- Are 65 or older, or born on or before September 1, 1959
- A Medicare (not Medical) recipient
- Qualify for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income
- Have a DMV disabled placard ID receipt
- Have an NCTD or other California transit agency reduced fare card
If you do not have an ID or other document that proves you are a member of one of these categories, you must apply for SDM qualification online and get a photo ID card through the Transit Store.